We are a full service planning consultancy providing a range of services from simple site appraisals to complex environmental impact assessments throughout Northern Ireland.
We are experts and experienced in all sectors of the market including:
- Financial Recovery
- Renewable Energy
We have expertise in assembling multi-disciplinary teams of architects, engineers, ecologists, landscape architects to achieve successful planning outcomes for our Clients.
We have expertise in project co-ordination including preparing, editing and submitting all related support documentation to achieve planning consents.
Our services including the following:
- Site appraisal and development potential assessment and strategic planning advice to enhance land value.
- Development Plan representation and land promotion.
- Planning application preparation, management and co-ordination of the planning process including regular monitoring and achieving speedy planning decisions.
- Environmental impact assessment, team assembly, co-ordination, preparation, publication and any subsequent revisions in response to statutory consultee responses.
- Planning Appeals – analysis of refusal reasons and chances of success at appeal, assessment whether an amended application can overcome refusal reasons prior to appeal, evidence preparation, direct access to barristers, professional witness co-ordination and provision of expert witnesses.
- Retail Impact Assessments for food, non food stores and retail warehouses.
- Post planning permission compliance – discharging negative conditions and ensuring a material start has been made.
- The preparation of supporting planning statements in support of planning applications.
- Expert witness representation at Development Plan Public Examinations, Public Inquiries, Article 31 Inquiries etc.
- Financial recovery – specialist service to Banks, receivers and administrators.
- Advice on prospects of Judicial Review and Affidavit preparation
- Licensing feasibility studies and evidence on inadequacy for pharmacies, off licences, bookmakers, amusement arcades, public houses.
- Planning Objections.
Environmental Impact Statements (EIA’s)
Our experience also allows us to prepare, organise and submit environmental impact assessments (EIA’s). We have produced numerous EIA’s in relation to major development proposals and can assemble a technical team to produce an EIA for any type of project.
We have carried out Environmental Impact Surveys (EIA’s) for major residential , commercial, retail, civic and industrial developments in Northern Ireland.
- The Millennium Form, the Walled City, L’Derry, Northern Ireland
- Oil and Coal Storage and Distribution Centre – Retrospective application for Campsey Fuels Ltd
- The eastern extension of Bunbeg Industrial Estate for Údarás Na Gaeltachta.
- Elagh Business Park, Buncrana Road, L’Derry, Northern Ireland
- Major Food Store , Skeoge Roundabout, Buncrana Road, L’Derry, Northern Ireland
- Major residential development – c.800 dwellings at Housing Zoning H25 at lands off Fincairn Road/Drumahoe Road, L’Derry, Northern Ireland
- Site for a 100 bedroom hotel & 24 holiday chalets in Ballycastle, Northern Ireland
Contact Matt or one of the MKA Team at 028 71311551 to discuss your planning matter.